[GRASSLIST:3407] Re: Can GRASS do Vector Buffer, Within

Radim Blazek blazek at itc.it
Tue Apr 2 01:30:34 EST 2002

On Tuesday 02 April 2002 04:51 am, Phil Young wrote:
> New to GRASS, before investing more time, I'd like to know whether you
> can do Buffer & Within in vector data files in GRASS, for instance
> return a polygon which is the area within 10meters of a given line
> segment?
>
> I've seen this question asked before, but no response was given.
>
> Thanks,
> Phil Young

No.

v.buffer -q lines=name vect=name output=name [max_dist=value]
was developed by Marco Scuratti (scurra at infinito.it), but never put
to grass cvs. I asked him for code, but i received only nice method
description with pictures. Maybe you could ask him again. Don't
forget to send us the code, in case of positive response.

Radim