[GRASSLIST:3462] NMEA log to GRASS vector?

James Cameron quozl at us.netrek.org
Sun Apr 7 00:04:02 EST 2002

G'day from outback Australia,

Looking for an NMEA log reader for GRASS.

I have a log from a GPS in NMEA format, which I understand is latitude
longitude in WGS 84 datum, and my GRASS mapset is in UTM AGD 66.  How
would I convert this to a GRASS vector file?

There are 9047 points to convert, and I'd like to be able to do it with
more data yet to be captured in NMEA format.

The GPS is a Garmin 12 XL.  The NMEA stream contains 13 sentences per
point.