[GRASSLIST:3475] Re: [GRASS5] User questionnaire - Please take a few minutes to fill out

Moritz Lennert fa1079 at qmul.ac.uk
Mon Apr 8 18:54:00 EDT 2002

This is the second call for participation in our user questionnaire.

Thanks a lot to those who have already answered ! For the others: it really only takes max. 5 minutes to fill out. So give it try :-)

 *******************USER QUESTIONNAIRE**********************************

 PLEASE DO NOT REPLY TO THE MAILING LIST, BUT TO
 FA1079 at QMUL.AC.UK ! (hitting reply should do the trick, but please verify)

 Dear users,

 A recent discussion on the developers list has shown the need to have a
 clearer picture of who uses Grass, how they use it and what their
 priorities are, in order to help make development decisions. Can I, therefore
 ask you to take a few minutes and reply to the following questions. I will post
 a summary of the results for everyone to see.

 1) What do you use Grass for (i.e. what type of work (land use management,
 satellite images, ...)

 2) In what kind of production environment do you use Grass (university,
 private company, ...) ?

 3) How many people use Grass in your environment ?

 4) Which version of Grass do you use (i.e. 4.3, 5.0pre2, ...) ?

 5) If you are not using 5.x, why not (not stable enough, old version too
 customized for personal purposes, etc) ?

 6) Do you use Grass "as is" or have you adapted it for your usage (i.e.
 modified/added modules and/or scripts) ?

 7) Have you ever contributed to Grass code (C-code, scripts, others) or
 documentation ?

 8) What are your wishes for the future of Grass (which new modules, gui,
 database management, etc) ?

 Thank you for your participation and thank you for using Grass !

 Moritz Lennert

 PLEASE REMEMBER: DO NOT REPLY TO THE MAILING LIST, BUT TO
 FA1079 at QMUL.AC.UK !