[GRASSLIST:3504] Re: help with integrating models?

Eric G. Miller egm2 at jps.net
Fri Apr 12 03:56:52 EDT 2002

On Thu, Apr 11, 2002 at 11:57:09PM -0700, Alex Thorn wrote:
[snip]

> I've looked around a bit on the GRASS website, and
> located the links to documentation on the hydraulogy
> models, etc. that have been constructed, but I'm
> having
> difficulty finding anything along the lines of an
> introductory how-to (if such a beast even exists).
> Any
> suggestions would be much appreciated!

Figure out your model, and look at r.mapcalc.  There are all kinds of
issues with models, not the least of which is, "how good are the
inputs?"  Think K.I.S.S., as the data is rarely as good as we'd like
it to be.

BTW: Having a little shell scripting ability will get you pretty
far with GRASS...

--
Eric G. Miller <egm2 at jps.net>