[GRASSLIST:3515] GRASS5.0.0pre3 - missing DBMSCAP file - connection to Postgres not working on a suse 7.3 box

Lars Forseth larsf at powertech.no
Sun Apr 14 11:37:41 EDT 2002

Hi!

I'm trying to learn GRASS; and have installed GRASS5.0.0pre3 on my SuSe7.3
box. There I also have PostgreSQL upp and running. But; when I try to start
the Postgres interface (and select a database in postgres) in GRASS through
tcltkgrass and g.select.pg I get this error: " couldn't execute
"g.select.pg": no such file or directory ". Trying to run DBMI also fails.
Trying this gives that I seem to miss DBMSCAP:
GRASS:~ > db.drivers
DBMSCAP not set
Error trying to read dbmscap file
GRASS:~ >

I have tried to find out where this file (DBMSCAP) should exist; and its
content. Could someone please clarify this for me? (An example with a
connection to postgres would be nice ).

Regards Lars Forseth