[GRASSLIST:3586] Re: r.clump

Glynn Clements glynn.clements at virgin.net
Thu Apr 25 20:54:00 EDT 2002

Aldo Clerici wrote:

> I discovered  that r.clump in grass5.0pre3 refuses to clump a reclassed
> file. It's seems strange to me as that was possible in grass4.3. Something
> wrong in my version?

I have removed the reclass check from r.clump. I have no idea why it
was added; if the check is removed, r.clump works fine on reclass
maps.

If you have the source code, you can simply delete the following lines
from src/raster/r.clump/cmd/main.c:

    is_reclass = (G_is_reclass (name, mapset, rname, rmapset) > 0);
    if (is_reclass)
        G_fatal_error("%s is a reclass of map <%s> in mapset <%s>. Consider to use r.mapcalc to generate a map copy. Exiting.", name, rname, rmapset);