[GRASSLIST:4202] Re: compiling GRASS5pre5 on Cygwin gcc error

Thomas Dewez thomas.dewez at brunel.ac.uk
Fri Aug 2 14:50:23 EDT 2002

Subject: Re: [GRASSLIST:4199] compiling GRASS5pre5 on Cygwin gcc error

> Thomas Dewez wrote:
>
> > has anybody encountered the following problem? I have updated my cygwin
> > version today and am trying to compile GRASS5pre5 on it. I get the
following
> > error message:
> >
> > [tdewez at PINNACLES ...grass5sources/grass5.0.0pre5]$
> > ./configure --with-postgres=
> > no \
> > ? --x-includes=/usr/X11R6/include \
> > ? --x-libraries=/usr/X11R66/lib \
> > ? --with-tcltk-libs=usr/local/lib \
> > ? --with-tcltk-includes=/usr/local/include
> > checking host system type... i686-pc-cygwin
> > checking for gcc... gcc
> > checking whether the C compiler (gcc  ) works... no
> > configure: error: installation or configuration problem: C compiler
cannot
> > create executables.
>
> If configure fails, you need to look at the file config.log for the
> reason. The error messages only indicate which test failed, not why
> the test failed.

The config.log contains the following:
---------snip--------------------------

This file contains any messages produced by compilers while
running configure, to aid debugging if configure makes a mistake.

configure:680: checking host system type
configure:703: checking for gcc
configure:807: checking whether the C compiler (gcc  ) works
configure:823: gcc -o conftest    conftest.c  1>&5
configure: failed program was:

#line 818 "configure"
#include "confdefs.h"

main(){return(0);}