[GRASSLIST:4238] Re: grass-mapserver.map

Markus Neteler neteler at itc.it
Wed Aug 7 09:32:05 EDT 2002

On Wed, Aug 07, 2002 at 04:12:45PM +0300, orkun wrote:

> I want to get grass maps by mapserver. In grass-mapserver doc
> (in mapserver.map)  I saw I need to grassrc5 in /var/www/html/.
> what is grassrc5 ?  if it is a file I was not able to find it
>
> this is the doc fragments from mapserver.map:
>
> /you need:
> #
> # o .grassrc5 stored in $DOCUMENT_ROOT (here: /var/www/html/ )
     ^^^^^--!

Note, it is .grassrc5 which you find in your home directory after
using GRASS.

Suggestion: you run GRASS with the location which you want to connect
with MapServer to internet. After leaving GRASS you copy the file
.grassrc5 to the web directory, e.g.:

cp $HOME/.grassrc5 /var/www/html/

This ASCII file .grassrc5 contains variables which define location name
etc. It is used by GDAL/MapServer to find the data.

Best regards

 Markus Neteler