[GRASSLIST:4239] Re: compiling Grass5pre5 on Linux

Thomas Dewez thomas.dewez at brunel.ac.uk
Wed Aug 7 12:22:50 EDT 2002

Ulrich and others,

I am precisely following your tracks (GD not found, tried compiling GD but
it couldn't find something else, so I disabled it). ODBC seems to be present
on my system but not where configure seems to be looking. Also tcl and tk
are not found, though they are there. I can see them.

Could somebody state how things should be written down for customizing the
configure script? I mean, if I want to include a package whose assumed path
is not correct what do I do? There's the include thingy and the lib thingy
that need be specified, but in what order? Not sure what the include and lib
must contain to work. I know it is basic but would appreciate a quick
explanation.

Could you present an example?

Thanks

Thomas