[GRASSLIST:4244] Re: r.in.gdal help

Glynn Clements glynn.clements at virgin.net
Wed Aug 7 19:36:54 EDT 2002

Kevin Slover wrote:

> I am having a little trouble (again) with the r.in.gdal.  Currently, I
> am trying to import an erdas img file.  It comes in fine, however, it
> breaks it up into 3 separate files.  The file is supposed to be a map of
> somesorts.  Any idea on how to recreate this??  Thanks....

Does it break it up spatially, or into R/G/B colour channels?

If it's broken up into colour channels, you can generate a composite
map using r.composite. However, depending upon what you're planning to
do with it, it may be better to leave it as three separate channels.
Generating a composite map may either lose information, or create a
massive number of categories (and an equally massive colour table), or
a combination of both.