[GRASSLIST:4280] babyGRASS on the Zaurus?

Luis E Menoyo lemenoyo at usgs.gov
Mon Aug 12 16:27:36 EDT 2002

I'd be interested in compiling babyGRASS for the Zaurus 5500.  Is this task
beyond the scope of a non-programmer?  Is there a way to compile babyGRASS
on a 256Mb CF card (by extracting only the required packages from the full
source before moving to the Zaurus), or does it really take the 550Mb
regardless (I want to locally compile on the Zaurus if possible).  Are
'flex' and 'bison' a requirement to compile babyGRASS?

Any info, pointers, suggestions...  Oh!  and your patience, would be
greatly appreciated.

Thanks!   :)
Luis.

Following is a list of what I'm working with:

OS and Hardware:
    Sharp Zaurus 5500 running Linux Kernel  2.4.6-rmk1-np2-embedix   -
ROM version 2.37
    256Mb CF card

Installed packages:
    ZGCC
        gcc_bin.zip
        gcc_include.zip
        gcc_lib.zip
    zlib_1.1.2_arm.ipk
    libjpeg62_6b_arm.ipk
    libncurses_5_0_arm.ipk

For X-Windows:
    x11zaurus_0.8_arm.ipk
    ice_1.0.9-5_arm.ipk

I have additionaly downloaded for compiling GRASS:
    babyGRASS_compile.sh
    babyGRASS_packagingsrc.sh
    grass5.0.0pre5_src.tar.gz

Missing items as per the 'REQUIREMENTS' documments in CVS-GRASS are:
    flex
    bison