[GRASSLIST:4347] Re: .gislock woes & success

Jack Varga jvarga at boulder.net
Tue Aug 20 21:34:12 EDT 2002

Hmmm..., come to think of it, when I compiled pre3 I did not
have this problem and I DID use the -mcpu=athlon flag.  For
some reason I opted not to use it this time around because I'm
using 2.4.18-6mdk kernel (Mandrake 8.2) that is compiled for
x86 (even though I have an athlon).  I thought this compile flag
was just for optimization and wouldn't do me any good because
my kernel wasn't compiled specifically for Athlon.  However,
now I'm not so sure.

If anyone is really interested I'd be happy to try recompiling
the pre5 1.1 branch using this flag and see if lock gets built.

Relatedly, is it possible and how does one pass compiler options
(like -mcpu)  to gmake?

-jv