[GRASSLIST:4381] mapcalc or ???

J.c.m. van der Kwast jkwast at home.nl
Mon Aug 26 11:16:10 EDT 2002

Hi,

I'm wondering on how to solve a problem, which is the following. I have
a simple (raster)map with one irregular shaped object (lets say field)
of interest (cat1, everything else=0).
How to divide this field into strips of one cell wide in the same
direction, eg north to south or east to west and vice versa, each
representing a different cat?
I've been playing around with mapcalc and with the help of the doc's
I've succeded in growing a border of one cell and even a strip of one
cell representing the for example the north side of the field. Then
growing a strip of one cell to the south and give it a new value I can
manage, but dividing up the whole field is beyond me.  Any suggestions?

Greetings Sjors