[GRASSLIST:4402] error reading vector file with grass-jni

Allard, Yannick (EXP) yannick.allard at lmco.com
Thu Aug 29 12:04:04 EDT 2002

Hi,

I've got the following error when I'm trying to use the following command
with grass-jni : Vect_open_old( ..., ... ).

The error I got : ERROR : System not initialized. Programmer forgot to call
G_gisinit().

This error is strange since I'm using function of the libgis object without
any problem. The libvect is initialize with it  like that :
libvect lv = new libvect( libgis_object );

and I'm able to call the following method : lv.Vect_set_open_level( ... );
but the error is thrown every time i'm trying to call lv.Vect_open_old(
vector, mapset );

Does anyone have any idea of what should i do to correct this....or is there
a step I'm missing to open the vector file...

thanks in advance

Yannick Allard
Ph.D student, Universite de Sherbrooke

R&D senior associate member