[GRASSLIST:4405] v.to.rast contour map

vaishnav ces_grass at rediffmail.com
Sat Aug 31 01:30:01 EDT 2002

  hello everyone,

                               The problem i a facing is that when
convert a vector contour map (.DFX) to raster, i get a raster
file
containing patches  of different colors rather then the actual
contour
lines. Can anyone please tell me where i am going wrong. I am
following the below stated procedure,

1. convert dxf file to GRASS vector using v.in.dxf
dxf=input_dxf
prefix=output_dxf

2. Then  i   run  v.support option=build  map=output_dxf.0

3. v.digit , select  output_dxf.0   label the contours with
initial
value  5 and   with an interval of 5 & bulk label the rest with
1.

4. Run  v.support  output_dxf.0

5. v.to.rast  input=output_dxf.0   output=dxf_inrast

6. g.region rast=dxf_inrast

7. d.rast   dxf_inrast

thanks
in advance