[GRASSLIST:5145] Re: GPS -> GRASS

Russell Nelson nelson at crynwr.com
Tue Dec 3 23:17:11 EST 2002

Michael Ash writes:
 > My question is about GRASS users' experience with low-budget GPS
 > hardware (e.g., Garmin eTrex Venture) and about interfaces between
 > GPS devices and the PC (linux or Windows).  Please let me know if
 > you have any suggestions or advice

I'm running pygps over gpsd to have access to my Linux iPAQ's Navman
sleeve.  pygps keeps a log of every location reported by the gps
receiver (every two seconds).  That log is stored in an ASCII file,
one location per line.  A very simple awk script could separate it out
into whatever file format grass needed.

http://www.pygps.org/

--
-russ nelson              http://russnelson.com |
Crynwr sells support for free software  | PGPok | it's better to be free