[GRASSLIST:5180] Re: Sound reflection and refraction

Miha STAUT mihastaut at hotmail.com
Sat Dec 7 16:23:02 EST 2002

Hi all,

Markus thanks for the tip about r.noise. The problem is, there are two
difficulties about the proposed command besides that I do not have it and I
searched allover the internet withot success. It is that I do not have the
measurments of sound loudness which are required for the input. The paper
helped even without the measurments at least I know the procedure to follow
and I can try to compute the estimates from some other data (traffic
intensity, slope of the road, pavement, ...).

The other problem is I intend to use other sources of noise besides traffic
(concerts and performances, bars, church bells...) which all have much lower
Leq than street traffic but can be equally disturbing. Is there any other
way than questionary survey to incorporate them in a noise map?

Probably I will have to perform this survey as I think there is no beter way
to estimate the degree of disturbance than asking people.

Thanks again, Miha Staut