[GRASSLIST:5188] Re: newbie question

Eric G. Miller egm2 at jps.net
Sun Dec 8 21:30:11 EST 2002

On Sun, Dec 08, 2002 at 11:42:12PM +0000, Glynn Clements wrote:

> If the filesystem was mounted in "text" mode, Cygwin will attempt to
> perform LF/CRLF translation, which will corrupt the files; in this
> case, you would need to start again, as any files which had been
> generated would already be corrupt.

Hmm, does Cygwin open all files opened via open() in binary mode?  I
should think so.  However, it seems we should add the "b" to all the
fdopen() calls in src/libes/gis/open.c.  On *nix systems it makes
no difference, but it might make the difference on other systems.

--
"...the plural of anecdote is [not?] data."  - attrib. to George Stigler