[GRASSLIST:3082] Re: data import into Grass

Eric G. Miller egm2 at jps.net
Sun Feb 3 19:05:05 EST 2002

On Mon, 04 Feb 2002 10:00:03 +1100, "Dianna Sandner"
<dianna_sandner at hotmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
> I have got polder data of Australia and have converted it to binary data
with a header file. What is the procedure, step by step, of importing it
into Grass? I need to know if I have to create cell and cellhd and cat
directories under permanent, and what needs to be put in these directories
before I import into Grass using import raster binary?> Dianna

You need only use an appropriate import module for your data.  All
GRASS subdirectories in a mapset are created as needed.  The only
exception I can think of off the top of my head is dig_ascii.

--
Eric G. Miller <egm2 at jps.net>