[GRASSLIST:3084] Re: data import into Grass

Eric G. Miller egm2 at jps.net
Sun Feb 3 20:37:05 EST 2002

On Mon, 04 Feb 2002 12:11:23 +1100, "Dianna Sandner" <dianna_sandner at hotmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have done this and when i go to import using import binary it says that a region is not set, so I do g.region and this error message appears
>
> Error: default region not set. No graphics monitor selected, plase run. d.mon
>
> So i run d.mon and and select my monitor again and run g.region again and the same error message comes up!

How did you create the location/mapset?  Sounds like there isn't a PERMANENT
directory for the location with its DEFAULT_WIND, WIND, PROJ_INFO,
and PROJ_UNITS files.  I'm not sure what d.mon has to do with importing the data ??
Perhaps you should run g.setproj for the location?  This is run by default whenever
a new location is created at the start of a GRASS session.  However, if it bails
out for some reason, a location can be created that doesn't have meaningful
projection/region info.

--
Eric G. Miller <egm2 at jps.net>