[GRASSLIST:3112] Re: Question

Ben Logan ben at wblogan.net
Fri Feb 8 21:10:44 EST 2002

On Fri, Feb 08, 2002 at 01:43:50PM -0600, David Ebert wrote:
> Hi

Hello, and welcome.

> New list member here with what may be a very basic question.  I have the
> precompiled binaries for GRASS4.3 and I need to compile a add-in that I
> have downloaded using gmake.  It seems that unless you compile the
> binaries yourself you do not get gmake.

I could be wrong, but I think that you need to grab the GRASS source
if you have an add-in that must be compiled.  It seems to me that the
add-in would need the headers.

> If I am mistaken in this belief, please correct me.  If I am not, how
> might I get my hands on gmake?

What OS are you running?  If you run any version of GNU/Linux, you
probably have gmake installed, and it is probably what is run when you
run 'make'.  If not, you can get it from http://www.gnu.org.

Hope this helps,
Ben

--