[GRASSLIST:3139] Re: Fw: Re: r.in.hdf with ASTER imagery

Markus Neteler neteler at itc.it
Fri Feb 15 04:43:04 EST 2002

On Fri, Feb 15, 2002 at 09:21:55AM +0100, giorgio wrote:
> > > Hi All,
> > > I have tried to translate my ASTER images with hdf2bin and import they
> > with
> > > r.in.bin but the dimension of files is lightly greater then expected
> from
> > > r.in.bin (row x column x byte(for cell) ) so i can not import they.
> > > Someone has really imported this kind of images in Grass5 and if yes
> how?
> > > Many thanks for all suggestion.
> > > Giorgio.

Hi Giogio,

yes, like that (I use it in a script, which runs 'select_vNsds' [1] to generate
the BIN fomr HDF-EOS):

r.in.bin in=$IMPORTNAME out=$MAPNAME c=$COLS r=$ROWS bytes=1

example:
r.in.bin in=$IMPORTNAME out=$MAPNAME n=46.051325 s=45.385511 e=11.384489\
         w=10.396242 bytes=1

Obviously the ASTER data are already roughly (shifted by more than 1000m)
geocoded. At time I am working on a automated, hopefully precise geocoding
against other data which are present in the target location (using image
matching techniques).

Hope this helps,

 Markus

[1] The select_vNsds is available at:
    ftp://acdisx.gsfc.nasa.gov/data/modis/tools/hdf/select_vNsds
    I had to update the Makefile to get it running on Linux.

--
Markus Neteler

ITC-irst, Istituto per la Ricerca Scientifica e Tecnologica
     Project on Predictive Models for the Environment
Via Sommarive, 18        -      38050 Povo (Trento), Italia
tel +39 0461 314 -520 (fax -591)          http://mpa.itc.it