[GRASSLIST:3147] Re: mac os X's libGLU

Wouter Buytaert wouter.buytaert at yucom.be
Fri Feb 15 16:59:41 EST 2002

Indeed, you can't compile grass using the openGL libraries for OS X. You
need the Xfree libraries. They are:

/usr/X11R6/lib/libGLU.1.dylib
/usr/X11R6/lib/libGL.1.dylib
/usr/local/lib/libdl.dylib

They are not included in the Xfree86 installation that is used by fink,
and maybe some others. However, they are included in the osxgnu.org
distribution. (www.osxgnu.org; this distribution is also mentioned on
apple's website:
http://www.apple.com/downloads/macosx/unix_apps_utilities/xfree86.html)

This is a very easy GUI package that includes Xfree86 4.2 and Xdarwin
1.0.6. Maybe it is a good idea to mention these links on the OS X
support page?

So, starting the nviz tool does not give any error messages any more.
However it sticks at a (graphical) "please wait" message :-(

Quim Soler i Subils heeft op vrijdag 8 februari 2002 om 03:45 het
volgende geschreven: