[GRASSLIST:3183] Re: getting tabular point data into a mapset

Pedro Camilo Alcantara Concepcion camilo at pcbiol.fciencias.unam.mx
Thu Feb 21 16:43:44 EST 2002

On Thu, 21 Feb 2002, Richard Christofferson wrote:

> Hello.
>         I'm trying to get some point data I have
> into a mapset. I've scanned the mailing list and
> gone through the man pages on this.
>
> All I have is 3 coordinates. Longitude, Latitude
> and Elevation. Should be relatively simple to
> import this from the command line. Cant see how tho
>
> Any help would be greatly appreciated.
>
> richc

I prefer put directly the ascii file onto the site_list directory;
the format is some like this:
100:49:36.8400W|19:51:29.9880N|#1052 @161100001 estac_LOC95gg
100:49:36.8400W|19:51:29.9880N|#1145 @161100001 estac_LOC95gg
100:52:24.0000W|18:27:00.0000N|#1059 @16059 ERIC LA_CAIMANERA,_HUETAMO

thats all you need, a file like this and put in:
$LOCATION/site_lists