[GRASSLIST:3224] Re: r.proj gripe

Morten Hulden morten at ngb.se
Tue Feb 26 05:46:10 EST 2002

> Alternatively, I wonder if there are some factors that influence success
> with r.proj besides available memory (e.g. could be that different source
> and destination projections require different resources).

with very large maps or with little memory available, rather than cutting
down on the resolution, you can define smaller regions in the destination
location and r.proj into them separately, then r.patch them. r.proj only
reads the overlapping parts of input and output maps into memory.

regards
Morten Hulden