[GRASSLIST:3247] Re: Rastering

J.c.m. van der Kwast jkwast at home.nl
Wed Feb 27 11:20:24 EST 2002

Hi Karine,

Yes, I've checked region settings, there's no problem at all. I ddin't
mention it before, but I've also tried to buffer the cells (r.grow (1
cell) and r.buffer, and with mapcalc tried to define them as areas again
( in mapcalc use some like newfile = file + buffered_file). This does'nt
seem to work as well, unless the buffer is like 5 m which would
exaggerate the features enormously. Also the neighborhood module, has
been tried. Same story, you must exaggerate enormously (e.g. buffer 9
cells up to 13 cells). I've been trying afterwards to thin the map with
r.thin leaving me the result I've started out with. I think the problem
has more to do with scale and resolution. Well I'll keep on trying this
and that, thanks anyway,

Greetings,

Sjors