[GRASSLIST:2855] Nviz- specify exact camera location

Paul Kelly paul-grass at stjohnspoint.co.uk
Fri Jan 4 12:08:44 EST 2002

Hello everybody

Does anyone know is it possible to specify the exact camera location
(easting, northing and height) in NVIZ in a similar way to d.3d? I would
like to create a 'camera view' of a landscape to compare with an image
and it is very important to position the camera accurately, which
doesn't seem to be possible with the standard controls.

I'm not very sure about this, but at the worst I think I might have to
write a Tcl script to return the required values?, however I only need
to do it for one frame. I would prefer to use Nviz over d.3d as it is
faster and can display vector maps smoothly and directly.

Thank you in advance for any hints or nudges in the right direction

Paul Kelly