[GRASSLIST:2875] Aqua GUI

Quim Soler i Subils jsole010 at correu.udg.es
Thu Jan 10 04:11:00 EST 2002

Hello GRASS comunity!

I've read Kenne's message and I think that it would be a good idea to know
the people who's working on the mac os side of GRASS too. I have no much
experience on development/programming but I would like to join any team
working on this question (I hope to learn quickly :-)  ).

Some months ago I read some messages in the GRASS' developer's list
about someone who was
working on the development of a mac os x driver in order to display the
maps on Quartz without Xfree. Anybody has more info or news on this
project? It's still alive?

And another question. Should we port all the GUI to Quartz or only the
display system of maps? I put
this question because some weeks ago I could "open" the tcltkgrass
menu's with MacWish.app (the Apple's tcltk8.4 native for MacOS X) after
a little debugging. However, I couldn't use it to work (you can not run
any module) but the panels, the menubar and the help-system appear with
fantastic mac-aqua-look. If we could use this mac tcltk version with a
Quartz display driver for the maps maybe we musn't port the menu-windows
and nviz. It's that right?

Any ideas? I repeat I have no much experience on development so maybe
I've said a lot of dummy things... I apologise for this :-).

Thank you very much.
Quim