[GRASSLIST:2910] Re: error messages by e-mail?

Markus Neteler neteler at itc.it
Wed Jan 16 13:06:47 EST 2002

On Wed, Jan 16, 2002 at 06:25:20PM +0100, Ilja Schneider wrote:
> Hi,
>
> how can I stop GRASS5 sending me messages like this "GIS WARNING:
> G_put_raster_row: unopened file descriptor - request ignored" to my
> e-mail?
> Why GRASS has detected my e-mail address, to do such things at all?

Hi Ilja,

have a look here:

http://grass.itc.it/gdp/html_grass5/
 -> GRASS tips 'n tricks

Error messages: To avoid sending error messages by email, generate an empty
file called GIS_ERROR_LOG in your home directory:
        cd $HOME
        touch GIS_ERROR_LOG
Then set the environment variable GRASS_STDERR to 1 (or any other
value), now errors will be printed into $HOME/GIS_ERROR_LOG:
        export GRASS_STDERR=1
    or, depending on your shell
        setenv GRASS_STDERR 1

Hope this helps,