[GRASSLIST:2962] Re: GRASS pre 3 on RedHat 7.2

Andreas Lange Andreas.Lange at Rhein-Main.de
Tue Jan 22 12:41:13 EST 2002

Daniel Tourde wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I am trying to build GRASS pre3 on a RedHat 7.2 machine and I have the
> following error message:
>
> checking for zlib.h... yes
> checking for location of zlib library...
> checking for deflate in -lz... yes
> checking whether to use DBM... yes
> checking for location of DBM includes...
> checking for dbm.h... no
> configure: error: *** Unable to locate DBM includes.
>
> What am I supposed to do with it? I did not have it with pre2. Where
> dbm.h comes from?

Daniel,

install gdbm from rpm file (RH CD/ftp server) or use:

./configure --without-dbm

If gdbm is already installed, you need to add:
--with-dbm-includes=/usr/include/gdbm
to the configure options.

HTH,

Andreas
url: http://mitglied.tripod.de/AndreasLange
mail: Andreas.Lange_at_Rhein-Main.de - A.C.Lange_at_GMX.net