[GRASSLIST:3995] How to improve the resolution of r.in.gdal?

Steve Kimball kimball at signatron.com
Mon Jul 1 13:34:49 EDT 2002

I successfully read in a USGS STDS 7.5 min DEM file with r.in.gdal.
Using the CATD file worked nicely.
Then using d.rast map= the display monitor resolution was not what I
expected.
After zooming in the elevation map was not as clear MS/DOS display
utility using the same data.  Is the WIND file used for raster
resolution?

Also I'd like to overlay the DEM raster data with vector data.
So I used v.to.rast to create a raster map layer and it's resolution
was worse than I expected.  The origional vector map had better
rseolution.
There must be a way to make this work?

Thanks for the help.

Steve Kimball