[GRASSLIST:4000] Re: How to improve the resolution of r.in.gdal?

Steve Kimball kimball at signatron.com
Tue Jul 2 09:00:17 EDT 2002

Thanks.  Setting the region boundaries to match the raster with
"g.region rast= " worked much better.  Displaying vector maps over
raster maps
seems to work fine ... so no need to converting to raster.

Also shade.rel.sh in $GISBASE/scripts seems to work well with
the current USGS STDS DEM files.   The output looks best with
color=grey.
Is there a colormap that makes terrain like colors?
Low elevations in green and higher in brown?

Steve