[GRASSLIST:4010] Re: d.zoom compared to d.rast.zoom

Radim Blazek blazek at itc.it
Wed Jul 3 09:16:17 EDT 2002

On Wednesday 03 July 2002 03:21 pm, Roy Sanderson wrote:
> Dear Grass-users
>
> There seems to be a difference in the behaviour of d.zoom (GRASS 5)
> compared with d.rast.zoom (GRASS 4x) in its treatment of regions in zooming
> out.  d.rast.zoom gives the option of rejecting a window, without affecting
> the region, which is very useful to view a small area of a map in detail
> before continuing at the original region.  GRASS 5x d.zoom seems to modify
> the region, even if the 'unzoom' option is selected having originally
> zoomed in.  There does not appear to be a facility to quit without
> modifying the region.
>
> Or am I just asking another silly question?

No, you are right. I have modified d.zoom, because I hated to accept/reject
each selected region.
We could add "previous region", but we don't have enough buttons on mouse.
This problem appears on many places.

Would it be possible to catch keystrokes by
R_get_location_with_pointer()? It would be also useful to have some
way, how to break running R_get_location_with_pointer() from GUI.
(Glynn?)

Radim