[GRASSLIST:4062] Re: tcltk wish, which is it?

Glynn Clements glynn.clements at virgin.net
Thu Jul 11 15:03:57 EDT 2002

Thomas Dewez wrote:

> I am trying to get tcltkgrass to run but get an error relating to
> $GRASS_WISH.
>
> I found a thread on the archive talking about various version of wish (i.e
> sometimes called wish8.0). On my system it, I found something called
> /bin/cygwish80.exe. Is that the thing I am looking for?

The Cygwin Tcl/Tk package won't work with tcltkgrass, as it uses
Windows paths rather than Cygwin paths.

There is a compatible version of Tcl/Tk for Cygwin available from the
GRASS site:

http://grass.itc.it/grass5/binary/windows_cygnus/wingrass_xserver/xtcltk-8.3.4-CYGWIN.tar.gz

However, this requires an X server (it is a conventional "Unix"
version of Tcl/Tk built for Cygwin).