[GRASSLIST:4109] Re: nviz and polygons

Paul Kelly paul-grass at stjohnspoint.co.uk
Sat Jul 20 14:46:45 EDT 2002

I think you could convert the vector layer containing the labelled
polygons to a raster, using v.to.rast, and display that. You might have to
use r.colors or something to make sure the lakes come out blue or whatever
colour you need. The rest of the raster layer would be null so it would be
transparent in NVIZ I think (haven't tried this)