[GRASSLIST:4112] How to create a thematic vector map?

virgil at uv.es virgil at uv.es
Mon Jul 22 06:24:37 EDT 2002

Hello,

 I think this question is quite simelp, but I have already read a lot of
docs and I can't find the answer...

 I have some shapefiles I want to import into GRASS to develop some
thematic maps (about diseases, i. e., relative risks, smotthed RR, etc.).
I can import them into GRASS without problems, and I can even plot the
polygons, but I have several doubts:

- How can I manage all the table data stored in the shapefile? Are they
imported too?

- How can I fill the polygons accordint to the value of a covariate (in
the table data)? Is there any command to run queries on the vector data?

- Are all these things done creating a raster map?

- How can I import data into GRASS (for example, from a text file) and
link it to a vector map?

If you could provide me with some hints it'll be great!!!

Thanks,

  Virgilio Gómez Rubio

P.S: Please, answer to my private email addrees, since I am not subscribed
to this list. Maybe I'll do soon...