[GRASSLIST:4155] re:r.answers

javier garcia andresjavier.garcia at wanadoo.es
Thu Jul 25 13:27:23 EDT 2002

Markus,
thanks for the offer.

My own data are rather big; so before attempting to use them (with the
subsequent adaptation of data), we are checking the available options.
I think that answers could be a good option because it allows distributed
rain data, uses Green &Ampt for infiltration, and other reasons...
But, first of all, I'm trying it with the simple data that come along with
the source code of grass.
Anyway, I send you the simple data set, and the steps followed:

grass5>r.answers
I choose 1. for creating a new proyect;
I give the name of a new proyect, by example 'sample3';
I give the name of a raster file to be the mask for the project, that is
'a.wshd'.
After this, the screen appears empty with the cursor (as a rectangle) fixed
in the upper left corner (the beginning of
my unhappyness).
Now, if I press Return, it goes back to the first menu; and if I try to began
again, now here comes the beginning or the
fireworks.
I've find out that, if I write a number when the rectangle appears, and press
return, the program continues, but at
last, there is always a step where it blocks.
Regards

Javier Garcia