[GRASSLIST:4160] Re: state plane - newbie

Richard Greenwood Rich at GreenwoodMap.com
Thu Jul 25 23:14:59 EDT 2002

>Wyoming's legislated unit of measure for the "Wyoming Coordinate
>System NAD 83" is meters.  You sure survey feet are right?

Yeah. Come on, this is Wyoming, the state that is proud to have the fewest
laws on the books of any state. :) Joking aside, it is a county coordinate
system. We know what the statute says but we've gone with US Survey feet. I
appreciate your help and I think that I am gaining on it, but being new to
GRASS I am still trying to figure out how all the pieces fit together. I
tried defining the system in feet in state83, but my g.region -l still
showed incorrect lat/lon. defining it as meters makes g.region happy, but
I'm still missing something.

Best regards,
Rich

Richard W. Greenwood, PLS