[GRASSLIST:3896] Re: Projection and m.in.e00

Ben Logan ben at wblogan.net
Mon Jun 17 08:18:02 EDT 2002

On Sun, Jun 16, 2002 at 09:14:33AM -0700, Kristopher Hein wrote:
> I opened the E00 file, converted it to an arc binary coverage (the e00 file
> is compressed) and checked out the prj.adf file which is an ascii file
> describing the dataset's projection.  It is not Lat Long, but rather an
> Albers projection.  More specifically the parameters are:
[...]
> You would need to create a location with this projection and then re-project
> it to Lat Long,  or what ever projection you need.
>
> Hope this helps!

Very much so!  I did as you say, and was able to import the data with
no problems.  It helps to use the correct projection, huh. :)

Thank you very much,
Ben

--
Ben Logan: ben at wblogan dot net
OpenPGP Key KeyID: A1ADD1F0

If happiness is in your destiny, you need not be in a hurry.
		-- Chinese proverb