[GRASSLIST:3927] Re: [GRASS5] Re: Re: Grass5.0.0pre4 Installation Problems(cont.)

Neil.Murphy at axa.ie Neil.Murphy at axa.ie
Fri Jun 21 04:57:30 EDT 2002

OK Just to let people who are running Madrake 8.2 I have finally got GRASS
5.0.0pre4 up and running

Here's How
1.   This is definately required -   CFLAGS="-O3 -mcpu=pentiumpro -Wall"
LDFLAGS="-s" ./configure.....

2.   When I tried running grass5 after make I got a .gislock problem
     So I did a gmake5 /src/general/init  - even though there was no error
in the log
     This produced lock in dist.<arch>
     I then moved lock and a few others as required to
/usr/local/grass5/etc

3.   Low a behold it works and looks GOOD!

Thanks to all for the help

Hi Glynn,

I had the problem with not compiled modules as well with gcc
3.0.4. Using 2.95 worked fine. It looks like 2.96 and 3.0.4 have
problems compiling GRASS, because these Versions were mentioned in
many mails about this problem. This should be checked out, because
it's just an observation, but I can't prove it.

Rainer

On Thu, 20 Jun 2002, Glynn Clements wrote:

> [CC'd to GRASS developers' list.]
>
> Neil.Murphy at axa.ie wrote:
>
>> Here is the result from  gmake5 src/libes/edit".
>
>>  In function `format_value': edit_cellhd.c:112: Internal compiler
>> error in subst_stack_regs_pat, at reg-stack.c: 1414Please submit a
>> full bug report.  See <URL:https://qa.mandrakesoft.com/> for
>> instructions.
>
> This exact same message has been reported before, in:
>
>    From: "Georges Schwob"<schwob at respublica.fr> Subject:
> [GRASSLIST:3697] Re: Compile Grass5.0.0pre4 Date: Tue, 21 May 2002
> 14:52:58 +0200 Message-Id:
> <GWGP4A$59DCDBBBEE9974BC403CD984877FA5A9 at respublica.fr>
>
> He reported that "gcc -v" said:
>
>    Reading specs from
> /usr/lib/gcc-lib/i586-mandrake-linux-gnu/2.96/specs gcc version 2.96
> 20000731 (Mandrake Linux 8.2 2.96-0.76mdk)
>
> Presumably this is the one from the Mandrake 8.2 CD?
>
> You may need to replace your copy of gcc with an updated version.
> However, another poster reported success on Mandrake 8.2 with:
>
>    CFLAGS="-O3 -mcpu=pentiumpro -Wall" LDFLAGS="-s" ./configure

Arrange your Insurance online with www.AXA.ie

Car Quote : http://www.axa.ie/motorpol/requestquote.html
Home Quote : http://www.axa.ie/homepol/request.html

The contents and any attachments of this electronic mail message are
confidential and intended only for the named addressees.

Dissemination, forwarding, publication or other use of the message
or attachments by any unauthorised person is strictly prohibited.
Unless stated to the contrary, any opinions expressed in this message
are personal and may not be attributed to AXA Ireland, AXA Insurance,
or any member of the AXA Group of Companies.

Internet e-mails are not necessarily secure. AXA Group does not accept
responsibility for changes made to this message after it was sent.