[GRASSLIST:3940] imported .shp shows up once and then disappears

Wouter Buytaert wouter.buytaert at yucom.be
Mon Jun 24 08:55:13 EDT 2002

Hello,

My GRASSpre4 behaves strange. This is what I'm trying:

- Import a shapefile [Type Line (Arc)] with v.in.shape: OK

- Plot in mon x0: OK

- Zoom: black screen

- plot again: black screen

When plotting the vector map shows up, but when zooming, it disappears.
Restarting the mon/grass5/cpu does not help. I can't plot it another
time. When plotting, nothing is shown, and when trying to zoom, he asks
for a raster map:

GRASS:~ > d.vect vipaute.dbf
GRASS:~ > d.zoom

OPTION:   Name of raster map
     key: rast
required: YES
multiple: YES

Enter the name of an existing raster file
Enter 'list' for a list of existing raster files
Hit RETURN to cancel request

On the other hand, in nviz, the map can be plotted over a dem of the
region, and is shown without problems!

I saw that the v.in.shape procedure has changed, so maybe something went
wrong there? (BTW, the tcltk window for v.in.shape isn't adapted yet to
the new v.in.shape)

I tried it on both macosx and mandrake8.2, so it's a system independent
problem.

Maybe the shapefile is corrupted, but as it is shown in nviz I doubt it.
In every case, I'll try it with an old v.in.shape to compare...

Thanks,

Wouter