[GRASSLIST:3989] Re: How to import SDTS DEM into GRASS?

Scott Holmes scottholmes at sbcglobal.net
Sat Jun 29 02:06:13 EDT 2002

Eric G. Miller wrote:
> On Fri, Jun 28, 2002 at 06:26:55PM -0400, Steve Kimball wrote:
>
>>There seems to be two ways to import USGS SDTS DEM data in to GRASS:

> With SDTS, give r.in.gdal the CATD file (it's a catalog...).  Only need
> to run once per input data set:
>
> GRASS> r.in.gdal BD01CATD.DDF output=agua_dulce
>

>>Which approach is easier?
>

> r.in.gdal as long as your installation is working ;-)
>
> Note: You can interrogate pretty much any SDTS file with m.sdts.read.
> It's useful for reading/dumping the metadata (data quality, etc...).

Please let me know if this works for you, my system still suffers from
segmentation faults when I do this, although my reporting functions
(m.sdts.read and gdalinfo both work correctly).

Scott Holmes                   http://sholmes.ws
                                http://pages.sbcglobal.net/scottholmes
                                scottholmes at sbcglobal.net

   Independent Programmer/Analyst                  Passport 4GL
   PHP HTML Composer                PostgreSQL     Informix 4GL, SQL