[GRASSLIST:3281] Re: Topmodel parameter file

Markus Neteler neteler at itc.it
Mon Mar 4 09:14:41 EST 2002

A forward from Helena Mitasova:

On Sat, Mar 02, 2002 at 07:42:28AM -0600, Helena wrote:
> > > Well, an example is already in CVS tree: src/raster/r.topmodel/example.
> > > Two files are available: input and param.
> > > Would you check these files?
> > >
> > > Best Regards,
> > > Huidae Cho
> >
> > ... it seems we all didn't look into the source code :-)
> >
> > Markus

Markus

 I tried to run it with those files - I would need to go back to check what
 I got, but I believe that I was still missing some necessary information to
 run it with my own files.

 As it is now, without a decent manual page that module is difficult to use,
 unless you go to the original TOPMODEL site and learn about it there or
 unless you know the original model.

 The TOPMODEL code is very good and topinx has the multiple flow algorithm
 which works nicely on hillslopes (too bad that you cannot get the upslope
 area too from it), so it would be nice if somebody could take it, add
 additional useful outputs and write decent manual.

 Perhaps we find someone to write an improved manual page including an
 example (eventually based on the parameter files in the source code)?

 Helena