[GRASSLIST:3302] How to create dig_att files?

Gordon Keith gordon.keith at csiro.au
Wed Mar 6 19:32:51 EST 2002

I've got some areas defined in a MapInfo table that I want to use for
getting statistics out a grass raster.

I've got the MapInfo .mif files, v.in.mif doesn't work so I've copied
and edited the files to the format the v.in.ascii will accept.

The regions import OK, (they plot fine using d.vect), v.support
option=edit lets me define categories; but v.support option=build
creates an empty dig_att file.

v.to.rast creates an empty raster.

I assume from the documentation that the problem is that the dif_att
file is empty. The documentation for v.support indicates it should
populate the file but it doesn't.

Where do I go from here? Do I manually create the dig_att file, if so
is the format documented anywhere?

Regards
Gordon

--

Gordon Keith
Programmer/Data Analyst

"Computers are useless. They can only give you answers."
- Pablo Picasso, 1968