[GRASSLIST:3307] Re: Grid Resolution Help

Eric G. Miller egm2 at jps.net
Thu Mar 7 02:13:05 EST 2002

On Thu, Mar 07, 2002 at 12:00:50PM +0530, Anil Kumar Bhagat wrote:
> Dear GRASS Users ,
>                    When I creat new location  it ask for
> GRID resolution . I am confuse what should br the GRID resolution . I want
> to import the vector map (It has 1:50000 scale and in dxf format ) in this
> new location .

Pick anything that seems reasonable.  You can change it later.
Resolution and extents don't matter too much for vectors, except during
drawing or raster-vector conversions.

> Other doubt is , should the resolution of raster map
> must be equal to the grid resolution  . Please help me in this problem .

They aren't required to be the same.  Typically, when reading/writing
rasters, most modules use the current "region" setting, and the
rasters are resampled.  Import/Export routines generally use the real
raster resolution (unless there's some good reason not to).

--
Eric G. Miller <egm2 at jps.net>