[GRASSLIST:3354] adding categories to raster maps

Ulrich Leopold uleopold at science.uva.nl
Thu Mar 21 06:14:37 EST 2002

Dear list,

could somebody point me to online manual etc. on how to add/import
categories for raster maps.

I tried to import am ascii raster map as sites and then converted it to
a grid.

All I can see now is the grid and the x coordinates are used as the
attributes. But I do not know how to access the real categories if they
were imported at all...

Ulrich

Ulrich Leopold MSc.

Department of Physical Geography
Institute for Biodiversity and Ecosystem Dynamics
Faculty of Science
University of Amsterdam
Nieuwe Achtergracht 166
NL-1018WV Amsterdam

Phone: +31-(0)20-525-7456 (7451 Secretary)
Fax:   +31-(0)20-525-7431
Email: uleopold at science.uva.nl
http://www.frw.uva.nl/soil/Welcome.html

Check us also out at:
Netherlands Centre for Geo-ecological Research
http://www.frw.uva.nl/icg