[GRASSLIST:3361] Re: orthorectification with DEM

Markus Neteler neteler at itc.it
Fri Mar 22 02:55:39 EST 2002

On Thu, Mar 21, 2002 at 05:44:23PM -0800, Eric G. Miller wrote:
> On Thu, Mar 21, 2002 at 03:11:29PM -0500, Wouter Buytaert wrote:
> >
> > Hello,
> >
> > we have some satellite images that we would like to orthorectificate by
> > means of a DEM and some georeference points. As it are mountain region
> > images we believe that the differences in elevation are the main source
> > of distortion; that's why we would like to use the DEM.
> >
> > Is there some procedure in grass that can do this?
>
> See the imagery tutorial (a bit out of date, but should cover the
> steps).

Mhhh - in fact there is i.ortho.photo (not covered there) to
ortho-rectify aerial images with camera data and DEM.
For *ortho*-rectification of satellite images there is i.points3 and
i.rectify3, both in alpha state (see experimental CVS [snapshot]).
The src/libes/image3/ library contains code for that.

Without programming efforts which are highly appreciated you may face
some problems.

Markus Neteler