[GRASSLIST:3367] Calculating cumulative change in elevation.

Ben Logan ben at wblogan.net
Sun Mar 24 22:21:09 EST 2002

I have a raster elevation map (imported DEM) and a vector map
representing roads.  I would like to use the elevation data to find
the total (cumulative) distance you would ascend/descend in traversing
a particular line.  Note that I'm not talking about just the
difference in elevation between the start and end points.  Also, the
vector map would only contain the one path to follow.

Can anyone suggest a way to do this in GRASS?

Thanks,
Ben

--
Ben Logan: ben at wblogan dot net