[GRASSLIST:3374] v.extract doesn't seem to work.

Ben Logan ben at wblogan.net
Mon Mar 25 07:22:01 EST 2002

I'm trying to use v.extract to create a new vector map which contains
only a couple of the lines from an existing vector map.  I used
d.what.vect to determine the category values of the lines, and used
those values in the v.extract command line.  I know the category
values are correct because I can use d.vect.cats to display only those
lines.  However, the map output by v.extract doesn't contain any
lines.  v.extract doesn't give an error saying that the category
doesn't exist, but it simply doesn't produce any lines in the output
map.

I'm using Grass5.0.0pre2.  Is v.extract broken, or am I missing
something?  Here's the command I'm running:

v.extract type=line input=roads output=rd641 new=0 list=352

Thanks in advance,
Ben

--
Ben Logan: ben at wblogan dot net