freegis-list, grasslist, gmthelp now available by NNTP

Dan Jacobson jidanni at yam.com.tw
Fri Mar 29 12:56:54 EST 2002

It is with a grin on my chin that I can announce that I have persuaded
the owners of news2.sinica.edu.tw to host via NNTP, readonly,

gis.freegis-list        #the list of freegis.org
gis.gmtlist		#the list of gmt.soest.hawaii.edu
gis.grass.grasslist	#the list of grass.baylor.edu

to accompany all the debian and other free software mailing lists that
they have hosted for years.  Other mailing lists may be found on
tin.le.org NNTP server.  Please treasure these services.  Problems can
be reported to root at news2.sinica.edu.tw, not me.

Without NNTP many users cannot read these lists as klunky POP
mailboxes and modem pay-by-minute users can't keep up often.

By the way, news:sci.geo.cartography is now up.  If your usual news
server doesn't have it yet, you are welcome to connect to our other
main server, news.sinica.edu.tw to read it.

Note, all the above are readonly.  Posting must be done sending email
to the mailing list as before.  Good thing grasslist and gmthelp don't
require posters be subscribers, so one doesn't need to get his POP box
buried just for the privilege of posting...
--
http://jidanni.org/ Taiwan(04)25854780